Do you really know what hairbrush is the right for you? As a matter of fact, it is very important to use the best brush for your hair type.
Usually the right thing to do is ask directly your stylist “What hairbrush should I use and why?”. They may be able to explain your texture to you best, and therefore help you decide what brush you need.
Other than having the best brush for your hair type, make sure you clean it out from stray hairs regularly. In addition, this will keep the brush in good shape and prevent any buildup from transferring onto your hair.
So, this is a short list of different types of brushes for hair:
- A boar detangling brush is great for nearly any texture. It will smooth through your hair without pulling too hard, but there is a chance it will cause static electricity depending on where you live.
- A large round brush is great to use with your blow dryer. You can add lift at the roots, as well as a slight bend in your ends. Ideally, you want to use this on hair that’s longer than chin-length and any texture. The straighter your hair is, the more bend you’ll get from this brush.
- A large paddle brush is perfect for long hair. It’s good to blow dry with and to use for smoothing hair back into a ponytail.
- A vented brush is the best for blow drying since it will allow air flow. This brush is great for any hair length.
- The Wet Brush is perfect for smoothing out tangled, wet locks. Always be gentle when brushing wet hair since it’s much more fragile.
- A boar round brush is great for naturally curly or wavy hair. The boar bristles will pull the hair a little more than plastic ones to help smooth it out.