Pregnancy period is a wonderful phase in a woman’s life. If you want to find out how to have a healthy pregnancy, check these useful tips.
The normal period of pregnancy will be 40 weeks or sometimes it may be little more than 9 months. However, extra care must be taken by the women during pregnancy both physically and emotionally. So, to have a healthy baby without any problems or complications, just follow the basic healthy pregnancy tips:
1. The very first thing is consult your doctor as soon as you find that you are a pregnant and get good tips for a healthy pregnancy from the beginning.
2. The second most important thing of pregnant women is having a healthy and balanced diet. Try to eat fresh and healthy fruits and vegetables daily as you wish. Consume protein rich food such as fish, eggs, pulses, nuts, lean meat, milk, cheese, ghee cashew nuts etc.
More on this topic see here Planning For Pregnancy Diet (What To Eat, What Not To Eat)
3. Eat fish twice or thrice a week. In fact, fish is full of proteins, minerals, vitamin-D and Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acid plays a key role in development of the baby’s nervous system (learn more here).
4. It is very important to eat iron rich food like meat, green leafy vegetables, eggs, Jaggery, liver etc to avoid anemia.
5. The one of the most important healthy pregnancy tips is to go with regular physical activities like exercising for a good strength and endurance. Pregnant women can choose exercises like swimming, yoga, brisk walking and walking.
However, you have to consult your personal doctor before undergoing the above physical activities.
6. Stop drinking alcohol. Heavy intake of alcohol can reach the baby very soon via blood stream and placenta.
In addition, sometimes this may lead to serious birth defects like facial and heart defects, mental retardation, growth issues etc.
7. Smoking heavily during pregnancy can cause more serious health issues like premature birth, low birth weight, miscarriage and sometimes baby loss at birth.
8. Try to concentrate on oral health. Make sure going for regular dental checkups, floss fairly and regularly, brush twice a day.
9. Avoid long driving and traveling, this may lead to miscarrying of the baby.
10. Concentrate on loose and comfortable dressing. It is better to go for cotton materials.
11. Stop using high heel footwear during pregnancy and start using flat heel footwear.
12. Do not take X-Rays particularly in the first three months, because x-rays may sometimes harm the baby’s eyes, heart, and nervous system. Proceed only if there is a big necessity of an x-ray.
13. Another important tip if you want to know how to have a healthy pregnancy is to drink lots of water to avoid urinal infections and free stool passing.
14. Do not expose to chemicals, radiation, smoke, poisonous gas etc which are more hazardous to you and the baby development
15. Take some rest and get proper sleep (at least 7-8 hours at night and 1-2 hours in the afternoon). See also 10 Important Rules For Healthy Sleep. Put your feet up by placing a pillow under the feet and try lying on your left-hand side by bending your knees. This will help for good blood circulation.