Although quite normal, hair loss is a problem for many women. Surely each of them wants to know what are the best ways to prevent hair loss.
Frankly, I am also losing a lot of my hair, and it is because I have done wrong with it. Months ago, I have dyed it thrice – consecutively – and I also had my hair ‘rebounded‘. I have never looked for the right ways to prevent hair loss.
On top of that, I am now pregnant and experts say that hormonal changes during pregnancy and after giving birth may cause hair loss. So yes, I think my hair loss dilemma is inevitable right now.
Anyhow, to ‘preserve’ what I have (because I am scared of going bald), I have searched the web on some simple tips to prevent hair loss. Here are some which I would like to share with you…
What are the Best Ways to Prevent Hair Loss?
1. Maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Poor nutrition and vitamin uptake is responsible for a great deal of hair loss – and I guess I definitely need this for my pregnancy as well.
2. Avoid the unnecessary use of chemicals in your hair. Yup, say goodbye to perm lotions, bleaches, and some hair colorants. In fact, this can badly damage the hair and cause brittleness and breaking.
3. When you take a bath, massage your scalp with your fingertips and not your nails. In this way, massaging your scalp even when you’re not washing itincreases blood circulation to the hair follicles and results in increased nutrition supply to the hair.
4. For sure, one of the most important ways to prevent hair loss is to try to avoid blow-drying your hair whenever you can. Instead, let it naturally dry. If you really need to blow dry it, use a low heat setting and avoid placing the dryer too close to the head.
5. After you’ve washed your hair, don’t use your towel to vigorously rub and dry it. Such can break and damage your hair strands.
Instead of rubbing your hair, be patient and gently pat your crowning glory with your towel or an absorbent cloth to dry it.
6. When using hair products such as mousse or setting lotions, avoid contact with the scalp as this tends to block the hair follicles.
7. Gently massage coconut oil onto the scalp once a week and then leave it on for a couple of hours before you use a gentle shampoo to remove it. This will moisturize your hair and nourish your scalp and hair follicles.
Read more hair care tips:
- 10 Best Home Made Packs For Healthy Hair
- What Kind Of Hair Brush is Best for Your Hair Type?
- Healthy Hair Recipe – Top 7 Good Foods
- Natural Treatments For Faster Hair Growth That Really Works
- 9 Best Home Remedies To Control Hair Fall
8. Avoid hairstyles that pull on your hair like ponytails. The pulling stretches and breaks the hair.
9. Make it a habit to regularly brush your hair in a gentle manner. This way, you can avoid tangles plus there won’t be a need to harshly brush your hair.
10. After swimming in a pool, rinse hair with fresh water right away, so you can immediately remove the chlorine. In addition, use mild shampoo to wash it.