Skin pigmentation is a common issue that appears on the face and both men and women have faced this. Pigmentation appears like a brown patch or tanned and is usually seen on nose, cheeks, chin and fore head.
The common causes for skin pigmentation are:
- Exposing to sunlight for a long period of time.
- Heredity factors
- Usage of oral contraceptives.
- Hormonal changes
- Hormonal imbalance during pregnancy
- Skin damage due to injuries
- Medicinal side effects
- Increased melanin production
- Acne problems
- Stress etc..
Though skin pigmentation is not a serious issue it will be more embarrassing some times. But no worries, nature had provided a punch of remedies which is safer and quite effective. And one more thing, don’t expect immediate results as it may take 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the severity
If you wish to go with natural treatments, you can try some of the home remedies given below:
- Carrot juice – 1 tsp
- Oat meal powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Mix all the given ingredients and apply this on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Reapply twice or thrice in a week to get rid of pigmentation.
- Tomato juice – 1 tsp
- Oatmeal powder – 1 tsp
- Curd – half a spoon
- Make a paste with all the above ingredients and apply it all over your face.
- Rinse with water after it dries off completely.
- Reapply thrice in a week for visible results.
- Orange juice – 1tsp
- Lime juice – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1/2 tsp
- Mix all the given ingredients, apply it to the affected area and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with luke warm water and do this in alternative days for good results.
- Orange peel powder – 2tsp
- Lime juice – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1tsp
- Mix the three given ingredients and apply it on the pigmented areas.
- Let it work for half an hour and rinse with cold water.
- Try this thrice in a week to lighten the darkness.
- Multani mitti – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1 tsp
- Mix both the ingredients and apply it all over your face as a mask.
- Wash away with luke warm water after it dries off completely
- Apply this mask half an hour before bed.
- Potato slice – 1
- Take a potato slice and rub it on the dark area for few minutes.
- Grate a potato and squeeze some juice from it. Apply this juice to the affected areas and repeat it twice a day for excellent results.
- Cucumber slices – 2
- Cucumber juice – 2tsp
- Take a cucumber slice and rub it on the dark area for few minutes (just as you did with potato slice).
- Take 2 teaspoons of cucumber juice, apply it on the affected areas and repeat it twice a day for visible results.
- Papaya slice – 1
- Take a papaya slice and rub it on the darkened area for few minutes (just as you did with potato and cucumber slices)
- Grate a papaya slice and squeeze some juice from it.
- Apply this juice on the affected areas and repeat it twice a day and you can see amazing results.
- Aloe-Vera gel
- Squeeze some juice r gel from a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and apply it on the pigmented areas before bed.
- Let it stay for the whole night and rinse with luke warm water in the next morning.
- Reapply daily before bed until the darkness vanishes.
- Castor oil
- Apply and massage with castor oil daily in the morning and evening on the darkened areas.
- Leave on for 1 hour and have bath.
Also follow the below steps:
- Remember to apply sunscreen lotion at all the times whenever exposing to sunlight.
- Do not expose to sunlight directly.
- Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Use trusted brand sunscreens.
- Avoid excessive heat.
- Avoid using birth control pills.
- Be cool and avoid stress.
- Drink lots of water.
- Consult your dermatologist for further medications if needed.